1. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Structural Class Changes (Mana, Talents, Clear gish structure)

Quote Originally Posted by Kryx View Post
    Ah, ha! There is the suggestion that light weapons should do as much damage! :D
    +1 damage is mechanically comparable, but I would only use it as a temporary option until I could come up with something more fitting to the flavor of light weapons as +1 damage is lazy design.
    I wasn't originally suggesting light weapons increase in damage. I am now after I agreed with your assessment as to where stat/larger weapons belonged :P And yes, very lazy design, I don't like it, but its a stop gap measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryx View Post
    By my RAW calculations and Homebrew calculations fighting styles are worth about +10% DPR. Dueling accomplishes that.

Dueling isn't a bad choice, the lack of a feat or talent to follow it up with is the problem. GWF is only giving 7-8% more DPR, but that's because the DPR of the fighting style is so strong from GWM. Dueling needs a comparable feat.
    Ah ok, it just seemed really weak compared to an extra attack each round(TWF), even without the stat damage, but mainly at lower levels, and with crits. I'd imagine TWF is better earlier, Dueling getting better the more attacks you get in higher levels. I'll trust your math So it just needs a feat/talent of some sort. In that case, I'd suggest something defensive in nature. I'm assuming Duelist is similar to a Fencing style, but more versatile for various weapons.

Been talking with my DM about it, and his comments were:
    One of the common TWF setups, is one-handed/light, eg. Rapier/Dirk, Longsword/Dagger etc. But your TWF general rule is
    "Two-Weapon Fighting: Once on your turn, when you take the Attack action and attack with a light weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can attack with a different light weapon that you’re holding in the other hand. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the weapon that you’re holding in the other hand, unless that modifier is negative."
    So this setup requires you are in the TWF stance to draw them at the same time.

Would changing this general rule, to one-handed weapon and light weapon change things to much? And also changing the Interact with Object entry to reflect that change(draw one-handed and light weapon).
    The TWF stance still has value, allowing to use and draw two one-handed weapons. The feat would still be required for off-hand stat and +1 AC.
    Last edited by Ugganaut; 2018-01-07 at 09:02 PM.