View Single Post

Thread: RWBY IX: Fractured Fairy Tales

1. - Top - End - #266
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY IX: Fractured Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Glitter Force is drawn better!? If someone else said that I would take them for a troll and never discuss anything again. Our taste is so far apart I don’t think we’re going to bridge that gulf. Do you actually think Pretty Cure animation is outstanding, with marvaleous fight scenes, or are you actually picking it for being the sort of by-the-numbers lazy anime that I see the 15-year old franchise as?

If I had to pick a Mahou Shoujo for lazy design and execution Pretty Cure would be it. Give me Dai Mahou Touge or something original. At least Card Captor Sakura is a labor of love that Clamp put their all in (new series!) not that it has particularly good fight scenes. Shojo are generally all about the character design and making everything pretty and definitely not the fights (unless you count the transformation sequences).

I get you really dislike the RWBY animation by comparing it to Pretty Cure, let me know if I’m wrong. Like I know people who take one look at RWBY and say something like “what’s wrong with that animation” or something to that effect. My gf was one but converted after I took her to the theater for Vol 1 on the screen. I don’t know anyone who actually stuck with it that still see the animation as off...but to watch it, find the style perfectly fine, but still compare it to third rate anime...

I hope something about Pretty Cure is awesome.
    For what it's worth the tweet was in Japanese so I don't know what series it was. Also no spoilers for Clear Card Arc I haven't seen it. Also if you're watching Card Captor for fight scenes you're doing it wrong, it's still pretty beautifully animated though.

I was comparing it to Precure because I had just seen an awesome fight in it. The original Pretty Cure is basically a girl oriented Dragon Ball Z in terms of action, it's awesome. Take a look at the opening if you want. Pretty Cure is definitely not third rate, or at least wasn't last time I checked. I might be wrong about the more modern shows.

My issue with RWBY's animation is that it still feels kinda bleh to me. I don't like how everything looks, it has a weird lack of weight to it with poor sound effects, and there's clipping errors and other just weird motions/visual glitches. It's definitely gotten better though, and I wouldn't compare it to something bad anymore. I'd probably call it to be around the level it is writing wise, so it's like Fairy Tail in terms of animation and stuff.

Also part of why I brought up Precure is because it's about girls in billowy skirtrs punching monsters and evil people. I wanted to keep it comparable to RWBY. If you want me to pick a more "acceptable as good" series I'll just throw out FMA or Samurai Champloo instead.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-01-09 at 01:20 AM.