Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
Hey Kryx, out of curiosity have you considered changing up the 6 classic attributes?
I've considered it many times. I also heavily considered 5e Without Ability Scores-- skills, Skills, Skills. It was one sacred cow that I couldn't get my players to go for.

I think it would likely improve the game if the GM had players on board with the idea.

___

Quote Originally Posted by Ugganaut View Post
Defense [Stance]
You gain a +1 bonus to AC.
Notes: This was for a possible Musketeer type unarmored dex fighter in the future. No reason a fighter in a defensive stance wouldn't be better off if unarmored.
Removing armor requirements will be a fine change. The reason the developers put it there was likely to prevent a monk or wild shape druid multiclassing to 1 fighter for +1 AC, but as long as those kind of cases don't occur it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugganaut View Post
Edit: But this is what you had issue before I now realize, with increasing smaller weapons damage. It is decreasing the damage die while increasing minimum damage, so its more a trade off.
A dagger now does 4.5 average damage which is the same as a longsword. That doesn't work for me. :S