Quote Originally Posted by Chaosticket View Post
Okay this was poorly written as I had to work so I couldnt edit the opening post.

I like role-playing so long as one this is understood: dont ignore the effort. Im not demanding 1million experience for acting like Gandalf, but something. Also I hate railroading ignoring personal decisions especially when I do it in character.

Those the easiest way to break me in roleplaying and ruin a promising game.
See, for a lot of people, roleplaying is its own reward. We don't need XP or gold or anything to have a good time roleplaying. The act of roleplaying is fun, so even if it's actively BAD for our characters, we do it anyway, because that makes sense and is fun.

Most all of us are in agreement on the railroading bit, though. Railroading is bad. (Linearity is NOT necessarily bad, but the trick is to get player buy-in so that way their characters follow the path without it being forced.)

Chaos, from your various threads, it honestly sounds like you might not enjoy TTRPGs much. And that's fine-nothing says you HAVE to enjoy them-but you might honestly have a better time just playing Skyrim or something.