1. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Most Underwhelming Feats You Can't Help But Love

I like Combat Casting. It is a big deal to me to be able to cast defensively and not fail as soon as possible. In 3E, Combat Casting + Skill Focus Concentration + 14 CO + max ranks means I never fail a defensive concentration check on even my highest spell for the rest of the game (edit: Starting at level 4) , barring penalty to skill checks. When I want to cast a spell, I want to cast a spell. I don't necessarily want to or be able to take a 5 ft step back.

In Pathfinder this is harder to do due to the harsher scaling of defensive casting DC of higher level spells. It is possible but requires more investiture in feats, a trait, and casting ability score. That's only if you want it for your highest level spell. If you don't need autosuccess for your highest level spell you can save a feat or two.

I'm also a fan of Great Fortitude/Lightning Reflexes/Iron Will. Passive abilities do not offend me. I like them. The +2 to the saving throw is significant and important enough for me.
    Last edited by Pex; 2018-01-26 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by OvisCaedo View Post
    Rules existing are a dire threat to the divine power of the DM.