1. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Most Underwhelming Feats You Can't Help But Love

I really want to like Momentary Alteration. Getting Alter Self on a non-caster allows for some interesting things, even limited to one form. In fact, the way the one form limit is set up could even be considered a selling point, as it allows you to use some sort of temporary type change (ie, Polymorph Scroll followed by Alter Self scroll) to circumvent type restrictions once, then go on circumventing them forever by way of the feat, but the 1 minute duration and 1/day limitation really put a damper on the feat's usefulness.

Savage Species is chock full of feats that fit the bill, but Detach sticks out to me as the one that I really want to construct a functional build around despite the many hurdles that it puts in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Weapon style feats. The prerequisites are just too steep for them to be really good—but they're so cool!

Tactical feats are also really awesome, but rarely good. I particularly like the flavor of Combat Cloak Expert; it's just so awkward, though.
    Right there with you. I'll also point to Battleshifter Training as one that I find particularly frustrating. It's cool and stylish, but encounters generally don't last long enough for it to really be practical. OA also has a few feats with ridiculous prereqs that are style feats in all but name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Miller View Post
    Wield Oversized Weapon. The -2 to hit is so much worse than the slight increase in damage. But the mental image is so great for any two-handed melee build.
    You mean Monkey Grip? Wield Oversized Weapon doesn't come with penalties, and would be perfectly fine if it were available pre-Epic. Honestly, I could live with the problems of Monkey Grip if it just had the decency to stack with Powerful Build.
    Last edited by WhamBamSam; 2018-01-26 at 10:41 PM.

Iron Chef Medals
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sir Driscoll Conia - Silver - IC L

Nick Snarespan - Gold - IC LIII

Lucy "Legs" Silvertail - Bronze - IC LXVIII

Bolfarg of Knoss - Gold - IC LXXVII

Ivarr Deathborn - Bronze - IC LXXVII

Ahmtel - Silver - IC LXXVIII

Tocke of Nessus - Gold - IC LXXIX

The Blessed Third - Silver - IC LXXXI

Galahad Galapagos - Gold - IC LXXXIV