Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
So i am back to debating with myself if i wanna get into 40k.

Last time my trouble was not knowing what faction to pick for gameplay, esthetic and fluff reasons. As every time a faction ticked one box, it failed another.

so i just started to ignore my own indicisiveness and told myself to go for primaris marines, i am told they are good for beginners, and they look kind of dope, and you get to pick from a bunch of chapters....

then i had to pick a chapter, a boy.

I have been reading about all the chapters on 1d4chan, the humorous nature making all that grimdarkness more palatable and have found the Guardians of the Covenant. A Dark Angel succesor with rather good looking grey/black/red colour scheme.

question is, a different DA succesor is described as ''the primaris'' succesor. do the others not get primaris forces as part of the chapter, thats what i thought happend to the rest of the imperium... Also, are the Guardians ''cool''? Does te playground have a opinion on them whatsoever?

Also, succesors just use the rules of the Dark Angles right? is there anything special i should be aware off regarding that chapter+primaris? As mentioned earlier in the thread, i am completely new to the tabletop of 40k, so explenations at a 3rd grade level are much apreciated :)

I mostly just want to get a small starting unit to try out the hobby so to speak, but being a picky person, i cant just go and pain super soldiers bright blue, that's insanity.
Successors do just use the rules of their 'parent' chapter, unless they have special rules of their own ala Black Templers.