Quote Originally Posted by Iron Frog View Post
IMHO, armor/shields with +1/+2/+3 are always good choices. You can't go wrong with a higher AC. Other special types of armor (invulnerability, of resistance) and shields (arrow-catching, animated) also make you a better tank.

Items that improve your Ability Scores (Amulet of Health and Gauntlets of Ogre Strength are some examples) are good choices too, though I can't recall any that improves your CHA score besides the Ioun Stone.

But I'd strongly recommend both the Ioun Stone of Reserve (which will store a spell of up to 3rd level until you cast it) and the Pearl of Power (retrieves a spell slot up to 3rd level once, rechargeable on the next dawn), giving you two extra casts of Fear.

Remember that most of the best items require attunement, limiting you to up to three of them.

Hope I have helped in some way!
You can read the book that gives you +2 to any stat depending on the book. As for conquest anything to increase your AC or save roll is king for this class because you are going to be up in the face of a lot of monsters at times holding them with fear. Basically anything to make you more tanky while you control the field the better. Honestly playing conquest I truly see it as sword and board. There are much better oaths out their if you want to GWM it up