Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
Sure. But even in a military campaign, doing mass battles is not going to be the majority of the action, so spending four feats for a minor-to-moderate bonus to your effectiveness in those scenes is a hard sell. I think it would be fine if it was just one feat (i.e. no pre-reqs) that gave you the bonuses while you cast in the circle. Maybe give it a CL limit so you don't stick it on your 1st level Wizards.

The thing is, it's just ... not that impressive. It's a +2 (relative) bonus. I mean, it's possible that could swing a battle, but having an adventure were the quest is to steal an item of "minor numeric bonus" sound super unsatisfying.
Battlemagic - fair point! I've replaced the prereqs with CL 5. Something to remember is the Enlarged and Widened effects though - although Extending certain spells (fog cloud etc.) might be useful on a battlefield, the real meat comes from the other effects in combination with fireball etc.

Banner - also fair. I saw it as something of limited benefit for PCs (given the loads of other bonuses they already have), but much more useful for the 1st-level NPCs fighting alongside them. I've increased the radius to 1000 feet. When used in large-scale battles between two equal forces of low-level NPCs, it can now be safely assumed that the side that has the banner will win.

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviMancer View Post
I love it, I really do. For the prayer banner, I would at least give it a range such that it could affect an entire army, +/-1 may not be much, but when it's on 10,000 people instead of 100, it's a big difference.

I'm gonna throw a couple things here. On my phone, so forgive the lack of pricing and depth.

Resonant Ballista
As a ballista, but casts Shatter and Sound Burst as 20th level caster on what is hit.

(Greater) Thundering Ballista
As a ballista, but casts (greater) shout in all directions from what is hit, affecting what is hit as well.

(Greater) Banner of Shadows
Makes any Illusory units act as if created by (Greater) Shadow Conjuration, making them partly real.

Ram of the Wizard
Looks like a battering ram, but casts Open/Close on any door hit, Knock on any locked door hit, and Passwall on any surface not opened by the prior two (possibly tier these as lesser, normal, and greater)
Thanks for the suggestion re: Banner radius, I've added it in.

I quite like your siege weapons - I was considering adding sonic damage and a deafening effect to the Ballista of Blasting too.

The Banner of Shadows would be more of an artifact than mine hehe! Conjuring up armies at will, very impressive.

Ram of the Wizard - I like the contingencies. I second how amusing it would be to see in action, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
The thing is that Multiweapon Fighting isn't as good as going Ubercharger, and the additional feats eaten up to duel wield two-handed weapons are prohibitive in an Ubercharger build. And when you aren't MWF, you still have four hands to bring to task. There's real arguments to be made for a Thri-Kreen being able to cast spells with somatic components while using a two-handed weapon, as they still have two hands free to use the normal somatic components.
No argument here! :) In any event, such a PC would be paying LA/feats/etc to use such a build, so they've earned the right to use the banner more easily.