1. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XV - What's the Damage of a Thrown Pineapple?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Which goes back to Durkon saying dwarves that die with honor go the Outer Plane matching their alignment, and whether we have cause to discard that as an error on Durkon's part.
    I think that that's a somewhat tenacious reading of Durkon's statement. RAW Valhalla is a CG / CN border plane, so it matches both alignments and someone who goes there has gone to an Outer Plane matching their alignment, fitting Durkon's statement. At worst it's him giving a quick one-sentence summary to someone with no Knowledge (Religion).

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    “It’s on the border” is not something that can happen in OotS. There’s not even a hint that people with differing alignments can end in the same place.
    Miko was told she could visit her horse.

Beyond that, like I said above, I think that reading Durkon's statement as "there is exactly one and only one plane for each alignment, and these planes are in a one-to-one relationship with the alignments and everyone goes to the one and only one plane that matches their alignment, and no other alignments" is reading far too much into it.

Turning it around, though: We go by the assumption of RAW unless we have some indication otherwise, right? Is Durkon's statement the only indicator we have that is leading people to speculate that OOTS Valhalla might be non-RAW? Because I feel it's not really strong enough to support that.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2018-02-27 at 03:21 PM.