@Datatroll:

My thanks for your review and response. Let me address a few points:

Equivalent Exchange
The problem I see with limiting this to a few times per day is that it’s arguably the primary useful feature of the class (with Summon Treasure coming in a close second), and it already costs cash to use each time. I’ve done several rounds of tinkering with the cash gained per day/week/month/year numbers before I posted the class here, so as to be able to use that as a limiting factor. If I were going to limit it further, I’d rather reduce income or raise usage costs to do it. I’ll do some more number crunching on that.

And if you regard the class as underpowered now, I don’t think reducing EE’s daily usage will actually help in this regard. Yes, the rest of the group can lean on the Plutomancer for help, but if so they’re likely already leaning on any other magic-users in the party, so I can’t see that as more of an issue that it is now. They could try building the entire team around the Plutomancer, but again, I rather think any other magic-users would contributing, too. If the Plutomancer is the only magic-user in the party, then yes, I can see that happening but I’m hard-pressed to call it a bad thing if no one else wanted to play a magic-user.

Now you do raise a very valid point about having to wait until level 6 to gain access to this at all. Right now, Summon Treasure improves every other level (until the Epic levels). I could possibly re-draw the power curve here to be more gradual and steady to be where at every level you get either a new level of Summon Treasure or another level of Equivalent Exchange. Both are then introduced early and EE builds up as slowly as ST.

Use Magic Device
This was built as a magic-user class, and Sorcerers and Wizards don’t have UMD as a class skill because they don’t need it – they can activate magic items without it. If you want to argue that the class is closer to a Bard, then I could throw it in, but it was a deliberate omission at present.

Base Attack Bonus
I could conceivably raise this, but it’s the same one that existing Sorcerers and Wizards use, so should we raise theirs as well? I’ll grant that as a debatable point – what should the minimum BAB for all classes be?