@jqavins:

Starting Wealth
The excess starting wealth was quite deliberate – if your whole shtick is that you literally create wealth, it’s only to be expected. Also, as a support class, their best use of it is to help bankroll the team, so they’ll need some excess cash on hand.

Equivalent Exchange
Again, I’d really rather reduce income or raise usage costs than have a sharp limit on the number of times a day it can be used.

The Lure of Wealth
You raise some good points here. Part of this might have been poor wording on my part. I envisioned this as something of an opposed roll situation. You’re trying to bribe someone to do something (or let you get away with something you shouldn’t), probably at some danger to their job, at least, if they’re caught. Accordingly, facing higher penalties if they’re caught should grant correspondingly higher bonuses to their Will Save, as common sense (or at least fear) tries to assert itself in their head.

As for the Save DC, I was trying to indicate that higher levels of this ability are akin to higher level Enchantment spells. The Save DC against an Enchantment spell is (10 + the spell level + the spellcaster’s primary ability bonus). Accordingly, I pegged this ability’s levels 1, 2, 3 as equivalent to spell levels 3, 6, and 9. Sounds like I need to word this better.

And with that in mind, yes, offering more than is necessary for a given bribe ought to tilt the odds even more in favor of the Plutomancer, which I totally failed to take into account. Alternately, trying to be cheapskate should give a penalty. Good catch.