With each step the empress took forward Purbagle felt more and more uneasy. A tingling was spreading through his body, and to observers the cloak would seem significantly less dark than before. The Pician glanced up at the crown and realized what was going on. The buffoon was loaded up with some kind of antimagic. With her final step Purbagle visibly shuddered, but swiftly regained his composure and moved to circle around the room to an area off to the side where it was less likely for him to fall to his knees and vomit his guts out.

As he walked, however, he was not silent. "If you had left the rebels to their devices Hosra would have been reined in once more in good time. With the zealot uprisings elsewhere my Speaker was preoccupied, but would certainly have triumphed in the end. You may not be aware, but my kind has a far greater tendency to succeed than you have proven to have these last few years."

"You desired a representative? Where was the emissary dispatched to inform my Speaker of your conquest of Hosra? For one so inclined to call me a hypocrite you make a rather poor case for your immunity to that label. And such hubris, to think that our desires revolve purely around you." Another chuckle. "Truth be told, the Speaker pities you. So determined to prove your righteousness and failing to do so at every turn. For what it is worth once we have established a base on the northern coast all that remains on the Speaker's agenda is a rather impractical jaunt to Regner." He shrugs, "With recent developments in mapping this course of action seems absurd to me, but it is as the Speaker wills. So you may find some comfort in the knowledge that our war is nearly at an end."

As Talir called him 'excellency,' Purbagle quickly interjected. "No need for honorifics, I am simply a diplomat here on the behalf of Speaker Wadagle."

The question brought up by the Linnadi seemed to put Purbagle in something of a joyous mood. "I have only been with the rest of my kin for a short time, as prior to the death of the Khirusi Chancellor I was simply their resident translator. However, asides from the recent theft of gold by a certain Chieftess Feather which has been continued by the Firethorn Regiment, there is one group who has invoked the unbridled hatred of every Pician that is aware of their vile acts. I made a slight comment about Regner being our ultimate destination earlier, however to be more specific our great enemy is Amham. The shamans, assured of their security by the incredible distance between their realm and my kind's, saw fit to desecrate our faith by tearing down the shrines to our God and corrupting our land with foul spirits. To commit such a heinous act so carelessly is the ultimate mark of decadence, and for that Amham shall be destroyed, its fat shamans torn apart and its foul spirits cast into the annals of history."