View Single Post

Thread: Cursed, of Course: A Fantasy Comic

1. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Cursed, of Course: A Fantasy Comic

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
    Well, Shoreward, you had my interest, but now you have my attention.

I like how people are trying to put together the pieces of lore we get to build the world out of those. Reminds me a bit of Dark Souls' lore-building being mostly done through item descriptions.

For the main characters, really digging Pellan, he sort of reminds me of Goblin Slayer. Flame's got some nice counter-balance for Cat's optimism, and Ardelie's backstory probably will eventually catch up with the group, but sounds interesting, since she's not exactly mean or anything.
    Gosh, well, thanks. It's a hard balance to strike between giving people too little and giving them too much. I wasn't sure if I was pulling it off. It sounds like I'm right on the fringe of the latter, which to me is a better place than the former.

Like I've said before, it's always a screaming temptation dump all the information I have in a heap at your feet, but I'd prefer if it only happened when it felt natural. It helps that you (the audience) aren't supposed to know some of it yet, so I can get away with drip-feeding parts of it while expositing small pieces of the general info and watching to see how close you get without me saying anything directly. I've the benefit of being able to see how people react in real-time and adjust. This is also a curse.

It's why I bust my backside trying not to reveal anything or answer any serious comic questions in the thread. I’d prefer to watch, see what people don’t understand, and then add the answer into the comic directly if they’re supposed to know. Let the work stand on its own as much as it can. Also, the thread has a tendency to go quiet for a few days after I post anything which isn't a comic.

No comment on the speculations from me. That'd be spoilers.
    Last edited by Shoreward; 2018-04-23 at 06:53 PM.

(Created by me. I should probably put that on there somewhere.)