View Single Post

Thread: Dark's Age of Worms IC

1. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dark's Age of Worms IC

The front door of the Hungry Gar opened onto the Vein's main square, already bustling even under the morning sun. Across the way, a small crowd was gathered outside the Feral Dog, the knot of locals parting for a tall man in armor more decorative than practical. Little was left to the imagination, and the fine greatsword he held in his hands made it clear he was one of the storied visitors to the town. He halted at the center of the ring of townspeople, where someone had braced a log nearly a foot in diameter. The warrior raised his sword to the cheers of his audience, and with a cry brought it down in a flash of polished steel. The log split with a thunderclap, the bark around the cut twisted from the force of the impact, and the crowd roared with delight. At once, two of the Midnight Salute's off-duty girls were draped around the man, giggling as he lead his adoring public inside.

The fruits of fame, it seemed, were sweet indeed.

The map took you north, out of town along Company Road and into the surrounding hills. All too quickly, the road became a trail, and then little more than a scrabble of packed earth cutting through the hostile landscape. Twice, it seemed the trail would lead you astray, but many eyes may see what two cannot, and after an hour of travel something new appeared on the horizon. Standing atop a lonely hill were the ruins of a two story house, once perhaps grand enough to be called a mansion. At once, Louise recognized it as the sole man-made landmark on Allustan's much more detailed map. The Whispering Cairn was close.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2018-05-10 at 01:10 AM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!