Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
Osterguard was basically a pirate since he made it rather clear that he's abandoned any pretense of being under orders from Taurian high command and has effectively deserted/absconded with their toys.

Speaking of the "Oh noes! We can't stop a Fortress!" thing, I wonder how many aerofighters the Restoration had, 'cause a Fortress doesn't just appear in atmosphere, you should have plenty of time to muster your aeros and any 'mechbuster atmo's as you've got pilots for. Hell, it only carries a battallion of troops, let me sub-contract any dispossessed Restoration mecharriors, they can take their pick of the battallion plus of toys I've got sitting in the cargo hold of the Argo and we'll match 'em 1:1 in numbers.
I haven't completed the campaign yet - but ... is there ever any real mention of the capabilities of the Restoration army? The vibe I'm getting is that the mercenary company is actually their main battlemech force, and the army is mainly infantry, tanks and so on - rather in keeping with the periphery 'thing', to my mind. Meaning, again, that they might actually have no way to deal with a fortress. No aerofighters, and no mech force capable of doing anything about a battalion.

Maybe?!