Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
I haven't completed the campaign yet - but ... is there ever any real mention of the capabilities of the Restoration army? The vibe I'm getting is that the mercenary company is actually their main battlemech force, and the army is mainly infantry, tanks and so on - rather in keeping with the periphery 'thing', to my mind. Meaning, again, that they might actually have no way to deal with a fortress. No aerofighters, and no mech force capable of doing anything about a battalion.

Maybe?!
I certainly didn't get that impression, there's one bit later where you see quite a few dropships coming in and while not unheard of, you don't normally go to that much effort for goundpounders or treadheads. IIRC, the little slideshow at the end also has quite a few Restoration forces getting their giant robbit akshun happening. Our little company of misfits is the seal team 6 strikeforce while the restoration provides the faceless redshirts.

It'd be a little odd not to have any aeros, but again, periphery, so it wouldn't be totally unreasonable either.