Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
The Dream
Waking in a cold sweat, Filburn looks around the dark room, seeing the still sleeping forms of the others who share it with him. Sitting up, he shivers as he wraps his blanket around himself, staring blankly into the darkness as he reviews the dream. "Was that just another dream, or something more?" he mutters to himself as he compares it to the nightmares he has had already this evening. "It wasn't Aurora, but the sword looked like her sword. She seemed pleased with our efforts today, I guess. So why do I still feel so unsettled?"

With a frown he glances down to where his blade rests in its sheath. "A fat lot of good you are! For a disembodied voice in my head or an inanimate object you sure are jealous of Radiance. What gives? It's not like we haven't been trying to save the world or anything...I suppose. But some of us have to sleep, so you will have to wait for more heroics until tomorrow...Crazy sword..." he mumbles as he rolls back over on his cot and tries to go back to sleep.

Plagued by more nightmares - and none of the beauty of the presumed-goddess - Filburn sleeps poorly the rest of the night, waking bleary eyed and fog-brained. "Coffee...I need coffee..." he growls as he splashes water on his face from a washbasin. Staggering out the door as he ties on his belt and scabbard he stumbles towards the kitchen, hoping to find something to jump-start his brain. "Maybe I can find a better conversationalist than a pushy sword too..."