Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
Is this Saga edition, or is KOTOR a ruleset in its own right? If the former, IIRC flamethrowers and grenades are the default anti Jedi weapons.
It's Saga but we're using the Kotor book as well.

Will take a look at flamethrowers, they seem promising.

Quote Originally Posted by GodEnigma View Post
Assuming this is Saga Edition from 1/2 level thing but I don't recall jedi getting thier full level over 1/2 for everyone else unless I missed something somewhere.

On to your question I'm afb atm but I found a droid solider put out way more damage on average than our party jedi. I forget the extacts of the build at the time as it was some years back, but I do recall it using a feat chain to shell a fair handful of dice using full auto on weapons. I'll have to go back and check when I get back to my books though.

In the end it shoud be very doable to make a blaster user but I'll have to double check a bit later.
It is Saga indeed.

I saw a build recently on the 3.5 forum about a melee droid dealing really high damage, but we already have 2 melees in the group, so I'm looking for ranged one.

If you remember anything, I'm very interested in help with this build

Quote Originally Posted by CharonsHelper View Post
1. Use the Force can be OP for the first several levels - mostly if anyone nabs Skill Focus for it. I would suggest a houserule either nerfing or not allowing Skill Focus until level 7-9ish.

2. If I recall - droids can actually be rather OP as they get all sorts of gadgets/gizmos for little to no cost relative to the meat-bags. Frankly - as GM I'd be dubious about allowing one.

3. Aside from the aforementioned Use the Force - in Saga Edition the Jedi are pretty much balanced with other combat focused characters, though both will be noticeably better in a fight than a more skill based class such as a Noble. However, those support characters can still pull their weight in combat and do more outside of it.

4. General tactical note: in Saga Edition everyone who isn't a Jedi should be hugging cover virtually all of the time - and even Jedi should use cover when they can.
Unfortunately, houserulling is not up to me this game, otherwise I would.

If Droids are OP, they're no more OP than UTF that's for sure. And do you remember the specifics on what made them OP?