I bought the game recently and I'm loving it.

I'd just like to ask for the ruling for ranged attacks against creatures with bloodlust to be reiterated. I've pretty much read every post in this thread and it kinda seems like there was a little bit of conflicting advice given with regards to this.

I'd like to know, specifically, which of the following is true:

1a) If monsters don't have enough range to reach ranged attackers, they do indeed "draw" instead of "win". (Therefore, any victory that doesn't have some kind of effect listed is considered a draw.)

1b) Range just prevents the "win" from doing damage. It doesn't become a draw, it's still a damageless win. (Therefore, unless it specifically uses the word draw in some ruling (as to shtickless fighting or a shtick that draws), it just doesn't do any damage. Monsters don't "fight shtickless" as they have no shticks, just stats.)

2a) A "draw" here turns into a "win" via bloodlust, causing damage in spite of the range. (So when the attack equals the defense, it is a draw and bloodlust turns it into a win causing damage.)

2b) A "draw" here turns into a "win" via bloodlust, but doesn't cause damage due to the range. (So when the attack equals the defense, it is a draw which is turned into a win, but the range prevents the win from causing damage.)

Hope to hear from ya soon,
Theli