View Single Post

Thread: Dark's Age of Worms IC

1. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dark's Age of Worms IC

Finally freed of the traps paralyzing gaze, Cordellia descends the increasingly wobbly rope. While her weight seems sufficient to keep the grapple moored in place, the force of the wind is clearly having an effect. Below, Reynauld confirms that Simone is indeed merely unconscious, while Corinne takes a moment to breathe after the frenzied effort to save Louise's life. Every member of the party is beyond immediate danger. Save for Rae. In the tunnel above, the elven warrior's shout of sudden freedom is drowned out by a blast of air easily twice as powerful as any before, the stone tunnel focusing the might of a hurricane squarely towards her waiting body.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Rae must make a DC 20 Fortitude save or be Blown Away.

Though she attempts to brace herself, Rae is no match for the terrible wind, and she is lifted free of the floor. Tumbling end over end into the waiting pit behind her, she fixes on the sole hope left to her. Might arms shoot out, and against all odds manage to wrap around the lantern chain dangling at the center of the shaft. Buffeted on all sides by the raging wind, Rae realizes that she is nevertheless far enough from the mouth of the tunnel to be beyond immediate danger.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2018-06-18 at 05:07 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!