Salaam and good evening my worthy friends! I am Diego, the Gaming Gamer who Games, and I am quite new here. I have lurked in corners and read various member's guides to building a certain type of RPG character for 5e (usually for NPCs I'm making), and recognizing the superiority of a collective knowledge far greater than my own, I have decided to join ranks that I might ask questions, and indeed, answer those which I can.

I have more experience BEHIND the screen than as a player, but I am by no means an expert of any system.

My favored system would be GURPS. After that, either Pathfinder/3.5 or 5e. Most extensive experience is with 5e.

I build worlds. I make characters. I write stories. I sometimes brew up a nice magic item for my players based off something they would know/care about (e.g. a variant on the Crysknife from Dune might find it's way to a Rogue Player who is a fan of Herbert, or a lawful good player who enjoys Goodkind might find a blade with "Truth" somewhere on it, things like that).

I do not believe in telling players "No," if I can help it. They may "Certainly try," as I tend to say. Yes, I know, the age old argument about "I jump to the moon!" and they roll a nat 20. Guess what? Great job (even though RAW in say, 5e, a nat 20 don't mean instant success/hit in non combat situations)! You can jump to the moon! And promptly die because there's no survivable atmosphere in space! Good job, roll a new character with a -1 level penalty. Thanks!

Player Agency is a big deal to me. If they can provide me the sources (i.e. DM's Guild PDFs, some not stupidly OP homebrew), I'll let them play just about any race, class, or whatever they want. It gets a little crazy sometimes, but it has led to some of the most fun in games I've ever seen (or read about, for that matter). If they want to play a character from whatever universe, as long as it's not a "Named Character," they're good (the example I give is "If you want to play Goten's long lost twin, Gotwenty, Goforit!"). They'll end up in the proper world eventually, either by magical means, or the Not-Loc-Nar.

So that's a little about me, my GM style, and some other random tidbits. I'll answer most any question, so yeah!