Quote Originally Posted by Narmoth View Post
Any good suggestions for metal bands with a hint of prog? I listen to Symphony X, Savatage, Queensryche (well, sometimes). Dream Theatre haven't been of interest for a long time. So nothing where it's only technical
If you like Savatage, I think you'll probably like Morgana Lefay. More on the thrashy side, but the singer is a dead ringer for Jon Oliva's voice, and Grand Materia is just a fantastic album in any case.

I will also second Unia. They're at their best technically while still writing great songs.

Other recommendations include Leprous, a Norwegian band with a very distinctive staccato sound;Haken, a British band that might be compared favorably to early Dream Theater; Soen, who released the best Tool album of 2012, 2014, and 2017; and Pain of Salvation, who combine an ever-evolving sound with highly proficient performances and intensely personal themes, to great effect.

Or of course you could just pick any Ayreon album and look up all the singers on it, that ought to keep you busy