Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
No, because if it wasn't a guessing game, he would not have kept MitD in the dark.

No it would not. This assertion is meaningless without backing it up. What you actually mean is "I can't imagine how that scene would work", which pretty much assures that when he does do the reveal and, based on past such momentous scenes in the comic, a large proportion of its readership loves it, you will be (a) amazed at the climax you couldn't predict today or (b) complaining that it doesn't work for you.

By this thesis, the escape scene didn't surprise anyone.

That's because you're obsessed with what species he is, as I predicted.

So you accept that the big reveals don't have to have anything with the characters species, rendering everything else meaningless. Stop thinking that MitD is only defined by his species.

Look, bottom line is that I've had this discussion a handful of times now, and I'm tired of it. It comes down to a single thought: "there is no way to do a reveal of a creature I can't locate in the monster manual". It is a thesis that I find completely unsupportable, full of faith-backed statements like "it would be completely undramatic" and "anti-climax" which you have absolutely no way of demonstrating other than your personal belief. I happen to respect Rich's abilities as a storyteller, and believe that MitD's character development is what will carry the scene regardless of what he looks like or whether I'll be able to tell what species it is.

Grey Wolf
Exactly. For instance, if, in that scene, MITD finally stands up to Xykon, stepping out of the darkness to fight his former master, maybe even to defend O-Chul, that would still be dramatic, regardless of his species.