View Single Post

Thread: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

1. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    C 1190

Keeping in mind my lack of 5e experience, might I suggest some conversion of the Deepwarden prestige class from 3.5e?
    That looks like a Ranger archetype devoted to defending themself and allies, plus a little bit of stone/animal magic. I'll see what I can do. Either that, or a Ranger/Barbarian multiclass: Stone Warden and Trap Sense look like the Barbarian's Unarmored Defense and Danger Sense... Either way, here's a rough archetype. Everyone else critique me: I'm still getting used to homebrew!

Deepwarden
    You are a dwarf who has chosen to live your life on the surface world. It wan't your first choice, and you might not be to happy about it, but this is your home now, and you will fight to protect your race, the wilds, and your allies through thick and thin.

3rd Level: Extra Spells
    You add the following spells to your spell list:
    3rd Heroism, Sanctuary
    5th Animal Messenger, Warding Bond
    9th Sending, Tiny Hut
    13th Hallucinatory Terrain, Resilient Sphere
    17th Insect Plague, Wall of Stone

3rd Level: Defensive Posture
    You can get into an advantageous position to avoid blows. On you turn, if you do not move, you can enter a Defensive Posture as a bonus action. You gain a +2 AC. While in your Defensive Posture, you have advantage on all saves to avoid being moved.
    3rd Level: Swift Tracker
    You can ignore the restriction/penalty on tracking at a Fast pace.

7th Level: Vigilance
    You gain proficiency in Wisdom saving throws. If you already have proficiency in Wisdom saves, choose either Intelligence or Charisma saves (your choice).

11th Level: Uncanny Dodge
    When an attacker you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to half the damage that attack does against you.

15th Level: Encompassing Defense
    You can easily hold of attackers trying to gain an advantage while flanking. While in your Defensive Posture, no creature can use an ability against you that requires having an ally also within melee range of you (i.e. Sneak Attack, Pack Tactics, flanking, ect).

Hope this fits your needs and is close enough to the original to satisfy you!
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2018-10-09 at 03:30 PM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!