View Single Post

Thread: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

1. - Top - End - #513
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Drop Dead Studios Ask Me Anything #3

Quote Originally Posted by Federebus View Post
    A286 Not a dev, but i just built a melee enhancer sage. If you enhance your attack stat (str, or dex with a finesse build) your BAB + enhance bonus is better than a medium BAB at every level, and with spheres you usually care less about iteratives.
    To give a little more info related to this one (also not a dev obviously), but it basically puts the sage on par with a 3/4 BAB class. The enhancer bonus starts as a +2, and ends as a +10, meaning in your attack stat its going to be a +5 to hit; meaning by the end you're getting that on top of the +10 BAB. Then with combat form you get to be counted as a full BAB for combat talents so you can take full advantage of only really needing to make a single attack action.

It ends up being fairly strong as you're effectively a 3/4 BAB character, who with the axe kick talent from open hand will be getting 1.5x str modifier damage to their unarmed strikes (2x if the target is prone) with more strength than a barbarian (you cap at +10, they cap at +8), only needing to make single attacks with full monk damage progression (or in SoM this means your unarmed strikes are treated as a size category larger when determining it from your unarmed strike spheres.) With the final piece to top it off being the chi-gong dice which is effectively a sneak attack of damage added onto any unarmed strike.

Sage at least from what i can see is basically a replacement for Monk, not 100% recreating the class, but taking many core elements and themes and just being alot better at them; similar to how Striker kinda replaces Brawler in SoM.
    Last edited by Arcueid; 2018-10-27 at 10:12 AM.