View Single Post

Thread: Trog's Tavern CLIII

1. - Top - End - #374
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Trog's Tavern CLIII

"You're welcome!" Zee replies cheerfully. "And we take basically anything. The less you think about economics in the Nexus the better off you'll be. Just do what you do, take what you get, and roll with it!"

It's probably indicative of the Nexus' general level of insanity that the only economists around here are all devils or eldritch abominations. No one else can really handle that level of weird.

"Time travel sounds pretty keen, if confusing," Zee replies with a nod. "I try to stick to abusing variable time-streams. Anything beyond that gets WAY too complicated and paradox-y. And paradoxes give me hives. Paradox hives are pretty much the worst."

Just absolutely awful.

Considering that the bar maid is rambling about weird temporal effects there might be a bit more to her than just your average chipper human.

But as soon as that thought is entertained, it will likely be wiped away with the absolute certainty that she's a totally normal human female and is not a cause for alarm.

"There are lots of explanations for why the Nexus is so weird," she muses aloud. "I think it just enjoys unusual people. Unusual people are like spice on a good dish! Just the right amount and the flavors just POP! But too many and it's like licking wasabi. I wouldn't suggest licking wasabi, it wasn't much fun."

Not even a little bit.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-08 at 02:58 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.