MERC Business With Magtok

Slaves are luxury goods now. Blegh, I suppose we should've seen this sort of thing coming. Maybe we should redesign the entire plan from the bottom-up, then. Campaign for a slave tax instead, one so burdensome that the wealthy would prefer to spend their money on sky-yachts, charity galas, or vacation homes in Hillside instead.

"Fair enough. An exotic race discount," Magtok concedes, even as he shelves that luxury tax plan for later. MERC clearly has their own profit-based motives here, and simply bankrupting the slave industry won't do anything to help them, so we'll just have to stick with the registration program instead for now. You can be sure he hasn't forgotten that idea, though. That slave tax is happening, just as soon as he has his clones and wealth and home again. A goal that's admittedly quite some distance from where we are now, of course, but some day...

"I can't say I really know much of anything about this KABAL or what it's up to, however." Were those the people Magtok told to stay out of his way that one time? The cyborg swears he's heard of them somewhere, but can't seem to recall where or how. "Is that something I should know about, or just MERC business you'd rather keep to yourselves?"