Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Ok I grant you that about ino, that fell out of my mind for some reason, but you get what I was aiming at with the description of how the ladies of konoha contributed right? Everyone else unleashes hell, tears apart large swathes of bad guys, and in general gets to be badass. The ladies? Less so, or only for that brief moment before retreating to support. Even ino, while I cant deny she showed how strong she is mentally by doing the army linkages, she is still background support more than anything else. She saves courier ninja travel time. Meanwhile her team mate shika is the one actually strategizing on the fly for the entire military while ino relays his orders. She is a glorified megaphone. "HEY EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! THIS IS THE PLAN YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW!"

With sakura, like you said, healing everyone at once IS pretty ace. I will never deny that in its own way it was badass. But its just the timing of it. "I wont stare at your backs anymore! Oh wait, go ahead without me, i will watch your backs some more!" That was funny. Had she skipped the inner monologue about not being left behind it would have come across better. She gets up, craters a dozen monsters in one shot, then says, "Field hospital HERE, everyone who needs healing, grab a slug" Then summoned katsuya and started healing the army, that would have been worthy of a cheer. Thats her showing off how strong and skilled she is. Let naruto and sauke reshape the entire landmass, she can keep everyone alive while they do it. And punch a hole in anyone stupid enough to try something. But thats the problem really, this guy did a terrible job writing his female characters.
Well... It has been pointed out before, but Naruto is still better than a lot of shonen anime (not that is especially good, mind); and to be fair, though, the contribution of basically anyone outside the Hokages, Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi has all been basically about as good.

Frankly, I would have preferred it if EVERYONE, male, female or small furry creature from Alpha Centauri had gotten more of a chance to shine instead of being basically sidelined by the Dead Guys. (Will of Fire remains Best Naruto Moive because it didn't do that.)

But I do get what you're saying.

Also, and almost ironically kind of on point for this little aside, I will be turning traitor tonight and watching some more of the new She-Ra series on Netflix, 'cos that is fracking excellent...!