View Single Post

Thread: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

1. - Top - End - #594
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I didn't feel like it was anything magical though, it was purely scientific, hence why they had to keep cloning more and more kids, because the majority of them kept dying off from it. It's not magical when everyone can have it. If anything it's more like Orochimaru's curse mark stage 1 and then stage 2. Stage 1 karma is them cloning the kids with it, and then stage 2 is someone actually surviving it. At least that's how I see it. They probably could have kept going after whats-his-name that's with Naruto and his family right now(I suck with names ><), but I imagine they didn't want to risk too many rebellious kids with such awesome power at their fingertips, knowing they wouldn't be able to stop them if they all decided to rebel at once.

Of course, that doesn't explain how that brother or cousin of Kaguya managed to give it to Boruto after their fight, that part may have been "magic" but they can obviously replicate it with science.
    Like I said, it feels like a retread of stuff we've already seen. The curse mark again, Sasuke again, bull**** weirdo powers again. The entire cast beyond Boruto and Kawaki have immediately faded into obscurity and unimportance because, again, it's the rival fight show.

I have low expectations for them doing something different than what Naruto proper did, but this chapter was good enough for me to at least entertain the idea they might surprise me...though given the opening flashforward, I doubt it.

THAT BEING SAID, Kawaki focusing on the super glue and deciding to find the wrecked vase and fix it, is five thousand times more good then Sasuke ever even begun to do on his path to redemption. Kawaki is, at the very least, trying to be an approachable redeemable character.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-11-26 at 09:04 PM.