1. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Gamemasters: What has been the worst humiliation your NPCs have suffered?

Me, the Charismatic and Descriptive GM:
    "The serpent lamia slithers out through the velvet drapes,lights dimming as she raises to an immense heigth, glaring down at the party, knives appearing in her hands as if through magic, blades glistening green with wicked poisons.
    From alcoves in the walls, thugs in silk and gold, wielding wicked spears and sneering behind sheer veils emerge. You stand before the creature that for months have held this city in the palm of her hand, the creature that has taken from you your wealth, your reputation, and, most importantly, everyone you've loved. She opens her mouth, and in a deep, melodious voice, she hisses-"

Party Sorcerer: "I cast grease on the knife in her right hand!"

Me, the Rule abiding GM: Roll initiative first.

*General Rolling, and through disgusting luck, the Sorcerer is first, the Lamia Last*

The Repetitive Party Sorcerer: "I cast grease on the knife in her right hand!"

Me, the Overconfident GM: (Are they really using something like that against a creature with an obviously high Dex?) *Rolls reflex save, winces* "Her knife falls to the floor."

*General cackling from the group*

Outrageous Party Bard: "I cast Mad Monkeys! They make a Disarm attempt! Is *Rolls* 24 a success? You also need to roll against Distraction!

Me, the somewhat taken aback GM: "Her other knife falls to the floor, and she" *Rolls fort save*
    "Is deaf and nauseated"

*Uproarious cackling from the group*

The Bully of a Party Summoner: I cast... Grease! On the floor!

ME, the Defeated, in body and spirit, GM: *Rolls Reflex save, curses under my breath* "Lady Phyraxia, the Queen of the Underworld, the Fang in the Shadows, The Poisoner of Reputations, the Mistress of the Unseen, is on the floor, disarmed, covered in monkeys and grease, cursing loudly as she scrambles to stand, her guards looking on in stunned disbelief."

*Needlessly cruel and distasteful cackling from the party, interspersed with Thoroughly unsportsmanlike high fives.*
    Last edited by Concrete; 2018-12-23 at 05:19 PM.