View Single Post

Thread: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

1. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Yet another thread on Hilgya's alignment

Quote Originally Posted by Tarthalion View Post
    I don't really care whether Hilgya is CN or CE, but I agree that she is near the boundary.

However, I do have to take exception to the argument that her treatment of Kudzu is a mark of evilness.

Yes, she's carrying the child into battle in a precarious position, but from her POV she probably considers this a good bonding experience. Add to that she probably doesn't trust anyone else to keep her baby as safe as she trusts herself to do so, even with vampires involved.

(Kind of like a mother who doesn't vaccinate her child: from the outside it looks foolish, but the mother thinks she's doing the best thing.)

If Hilgya sticks with the order, she will have to trust someone (maybe Sigdi?) to look after Kudzu, because I can not see them (or possibly her, after this experience) continuing to tolerate the risk to him. I do not think she can do that, so I am not actually expecting her to be with them much longer.
    This is a reasonable position to take, however I will caution you that there are a number of posters who are unable to see things from her point of view.

I too do not believe that she'll be with the Order very long, and given her latest move, and looking back at comic #668, I wonder if she hasn't just signed her own death warrant. It can go either way, I am guessing but here's why the Order probably won't kill her out of hand.
    1) She's about to raise Durkon, which they want to have happen
    2) Once she's done that, the motivation to kill her out of hand will lessen (both emotionally and practically)
    3) They can leave her behind and let the dwarves of Firmament deal with her; and as you noted, the Order has already expressed reservations about her bringing her child into a battle. The battles are only going to get tougher, so at this point I think Roy will put his foot down (and likely Haley will) and not put up with that.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2018-12-24 at 11:25 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society