Quote Originally Posted by josienoms View Post
"Friends? No. But family."

A warm smile spreads across Opal's wrinkled face.

"My youngest son lives there, with his wife and children. Last time I was in town was when his oldest daughter got married. Oh... Must have been about a decade ago, or so. I'll be glad to see them again."

She sighs contentedly, reminiscing idly on fond memories.
A decade ago? And I thought that I'd been gone for a long time...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Squirrel View Post
"Ah, so you're a Setwall! I'm Winston Verne, of the Verne Trading Company? We've put together a lovely collection of goods from distant corners of the realm; I'd be happy to personally assist you any time you're looking for, say, a fine gift or display piece. My brother Quentin's incredibly diligent in appraising and authenticating our collection—we can guarantee your satisfaction, and I know integrity matters to the Setwall family."
"Oh! Verne you say? Yes, the name does ring a bell... It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Master Verne. Of course, I myself have little need for display pieces and the like these days, but my cousins per-"

Col stops suddenly at the sight of movement ahead, before resuming at a noticeably slower pace. With one hand, he subtly signals to Elora to slow the carts. Taking care not to raise his voice just yet, he speaks to his companions:- "We have company ahead - there are goblins hiding in those bushes. Three of them by my count, and they've got bows. What do you think - should we try and flush them out?"