Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
Leena looks at you with an almost sarcastic tone, if such a thing is possible.

Leena: You don't say...

Then looks to Dr. Nimm and Xavier, shaking her head.

Leena: I would love to try... but you should know as well as I do that these things are highly intelligent. They probably serve as a scout or guardian for whoever is living here. Either that, or they are simply nesting. They are typically good natured, but we should be ready for anything.

We will treat his short rest as any other, but it entails you cleaning/repairing him. Expend HD as normal.

Leena: That's the smartest thing I think I've heard you say this entire trip, oh righteous one. No offense, little one.

Danae: Hey, who are you calling little?

"Friendly" banter, no more.

--

You all slowly enter the entrance. A large landing stands before you. Massive sconces, suitable to hold enormous torches line the wall. The landing leads in one direction: up, with a massive, stone staircase, which looks relatively newly constructed compared to some of the other elements in the cave.

While not as cold as outside, there is still a strong breeze coming from within. While not as loud as the outside either, the space allows for the swirling winds to echo. No need to shout to hear one another, but any perception checks relying on sound are still at disadvantage. The fog here as settled and is only about waist deep, and not as thick. More of a light mist. The crackling on thunder and lightning outside can still be heard, and somehow sounds louder due to the acoustics of the place.

I will assume typical marching order. Leena "lets" Arcivus take point, and insists on covering the rear with Reli. Mr. Benson is right behind Arcivus, off to the right, with Dr. Nimm just behind. Xavier is behind Arcivus, to Nimm's left. Danae, smack in the middle between everyone.

--

As you ascend (and it takes a while, since each step requires a bit of a climb, Xavier is probably hovering over everyone, though, while Dr. Nimm utilizes Mr. Benson), you eventually reach a large room. To large to see how big it is due to lack of light and the light mist obscuring the distance.

There should be a smell here, but the cold has taken care of that, for no less than 3 medium-large dragon carcasses can be seen scattered about. They seem to have been long dead and are either completely skeletal or close to it.

Upon closer inspection, you make them out to be silver dragons. The bodies are old. While a few bones can be poached here or there, the materials are not pure enough to be used for his Xavier experiment.

They look like they were killed in battle, bludgeoned more specifically.

Leena: Giants...

What do you all say or do?
"They are not the size I would have imagined. The dragon we came looking for should have been larger, right?"
Arcivus start looking around the cave, secret entrances and such.