Quote Originally Posted by warmachine View Post
As OotS knows the purpose of the vampire's invasion, this leads to the question of why they bothered with Thor's temple. They could have moved to the real target and wait for Durkula's party to come to them.
The vampire bothered because Durkon* wanted an ironic place to kill Roy inside of (plus more vampires) and probably wanted to kill him in person. The Order went to the temple because it was their only way into the city. They attacked Durkon* rather than go to the council chamber because they didn't know he had sent vampires ahead and they didn't want to give him a chance to kill more people (I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Bytheway, seems like a good time to double down on my theory that Durkon's destruction is going to be the roof. The elder just mentioned how close they are to the surface.
You know, I just realize that it makes a whole lot of sense for Firmament (meaning sky) to be the highest city of the Dwarven Lands and the seat of the Priest of Thor: Thor is a sky god.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
Also, I like how she can't even think of something better to do, she's just sure that if she thought about it she'd be able to find something better to do. The epitome of complaining for complaining's sake. Love it.
Dwarves live monger, that means they have more practice at being old.
Quote Originally Posted by Coyote0715 View Post
None of the elders can be vamped without the spell that speeds up the process. Do any of the vamps left have it?
Yes, probably. Two of the Creeders prepared the ambush and it's later confirmed that it meant accelarating vampires. One of these two is with the Ex-Exarch and it seems reasonable that he preapared the spell as well. Dominating these guartds insteas of vamping them was probably to avoid giving it away to the Elders.

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
Vampiric irony! Aside from dominating the dwarves though, I'm not sure what other tricks the vamps have up their sleeves.
That's the point don't you think?