Quote Originally Posted by Cola View Post
[furry tails, pointy ears]

Smorre chuckles a bit at Brun obviously being a big fan of organised crime. Probably just a kid having a fascination with something, like with dinosaurs or arcane magic or spacers, coupled with a wrong view of reality. "I'm not ss-suh-sure about ppeople not messing with mob-obsters. I heard of a a a few that got in-into real trouble. With police, heroes, other c-criminals, it's all happ-p-ppened. Also, mobster life is is not aas cool as p-presented in film and tel-telv-television. Most mobsters are j-just simple th-thugs who g-get little money and hurt people and and break things and g-get injured or even kill-killed themselves." He knocks on the wooden table top. "And careful ab-ab-bout destroying thhings, like this sstore. It c-can get yyyou int-into trouble. Better leave a bad rreview online."

One of the oddities about post-based roleplay is the odd possibility of people essentially having two conversations in parallel. As for Smorre, he doesn't find this odd at all. "You wanna be a ma-mmagic user, huh? I once tried tha-that too, and went to a magic sschool for for adults. It d-didn't work though, because I I have too llittle of a 'magic sp-spark' as they put it." He sighs and leans back in his chair, then looks at the palm of his hand. It's shaped like a human's but its backside is covered in fur while the palm and inside of his fingers have black pads, like a cat has on its paws.
[furry tails, pointy ears]

Brunhild sympathizes with Smorre's inability to learn magic, stopping her munching to try and take his hand in hers. "Awww, Herr Smorre, sorry you can't use magic... but I can, und I can protect you if you need be."

Brun's smile drops as Smorre goes on about the trouble mobsters get into, and turns into an angry frown when he starts to disparage mobsters as simple thugs, and by the time he mentions them getting killed it's clear he's struck a nerve. "Nein. Nein" She slams her fist on the table top. "My vati was not a simple thug, he was a good vati. So what if he hurt people? I hurt people, too, who mess with me und my freunde, und I make money from it, too, so I can leave the waisenhaus! My vati..." She falters and seems to run out of steam, her anger giving way to sadness. "... died in an auto accident, und my mumi too. He was a mobster, und I'll be like him someday."

Across the street, an elvish man dressed in pinstripe trousers and waistcoat above a blue shirt spots the duo from opposite the street and hurries over, his eyes on Brun. From where she's sitting, she can't see him. He has black hair and green eyes, wearing a grey flatcap and black suede shoes, and his build is lean and wiry.