1. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: "Power is only valuable if it can be harnessed." [Mythos][3.5/PF]

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    So basically you suddenly have 20 essentia that regenerates but now gains in essentia are divided by 5.
    Wait even worse it basically overrides the main class feature of the class or you get two pools and both are in-intuitive.
    It is unusual for mythos based classes to make trade offs.
    As this was a shintia it rewriting core class game play is expected.
    The ability replaces essentia for the character.
    What it does is treat the bonuses granted by investing essentia as spells. Fortunately the investment bonuses are meager enough i can just blanket cost them.

I have now changed the core class features to be these. I'll be rewritting the recovery to be hour based instead of per minute.

Spoiler: Word Soup
    Show

Pristine Esoteric Understanding: The magos may preform an extended ritual to cast any spell or spheres ritual they have a scroll, spell book, or similar record on hand of. If the resource is a spell completion item the item is consumed in the casting regardless weather the casting was successful or not. Any spell cast via this ability is cast at the spells minimum caster level or your caster level whichever is higher. Magicka is spent at the start of the casting but does not start to be recovered until 1 minute after the ritual is complete. The magos do not have to meet any requirements listed in a spell or ritual to cast it via this ability, including caster level. Preforming rituals this way is difficult as you are adjusting things on the fly and you must make a spellcraft check to complete the spell correctly DC 10 + spell level * 3. On failed check the spell fizzles and resources are still expended. If the checks succeeds make a will save DC 15+ spell level or the spell fails and the magos takes 1d10 per spell level damage, additionally take the same amount of magicka burn.

The ritual time and resource cost for casting is increased to 1 minute and 1gp for 0 level spells, 5 minutes and 5gp for 1st level spells, 10 minutes and 10gp for 2nd level spells, 30 minutes and 25gp for 3rd level spells, 1 hour and 50gp for 4th level spells, 2 hours and 100gp for 5th level spells, 4 hours and 250gp for 6th level spells, 8 hours and 500gp for 7th level spells, 1 day and 1000g for 8th level spells, 1 week and 2500g for 9th level spells, 1 month and 10,000g for 10th level spells, 1 year and 50,000g for 11th level, and every level thereafter doubles cost and cast time.

Next major fix is to make this word soup more intelligible.
    Last edited by Lanth Sor; 2019-02-14 at 10:04 AM.

My Homebrew: Here
    Competitions and Substystem Compendium: Here
    Mythos Stuff
    Index Discord