Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
That sort of specificity in weirdness is largely a matter of crunch. You're inevitably going to lose that if you change systems. You're going to lose a whole lot of that; 3e Exalted, at least, is one of the most distinct-feeling systems I've ever played, with its own unique flow and flavor baked in. You can't really keep that without building a system from the ground up.

But if you look at it in terms of the sort of broad categories rules-light games use, Sidereal stuff seems to sort itself into "manipulating fate" and "authority over spirits," with quirky limits based on the specific fluff. And that part could probably be retained in Fate, STaRS, or Apocalypse World, albeit with a certain amount of back-and-forth with the GM.
well I knew of the manipulating fate part, but for some reason the authority over spirits bit kept eluding me despite it being so obvious. I think its because Sidereals dwell in a city of nothing BUT spirits...

so....hm...I think I can better convert Sidereals to other things if I see their spirit authority as a power to accomplish things. like, sure a Sidereal does this weird tricky thing with their charm behind the scenes but the practical result should be something any system can replicate.

like if I were to what their POWERS are rather than their specific charms that they wield it'd be:
-knowing a LOT, maybe even more than a Lore Supernal Solar
-being really good at martial arts in their own way
-hiding their identities with their astrology- essentially fate weaved disguises
-having godly allies

so lets say for a lighter system that you want a Sidereal to kill someone with lightning, the answer isn't to make a charm to do that, the answer is to make a POWER to do that, but leave the specifics of how the Sidereal does that as background to the actual effect. maybe they fire an arrow that turns into lightning, maybe they are good at weaving fate so that people get struck by lightning, maybe they just bribe gods to fire lightning for them from the sky whenever they offer a prayer and a coin of ambrosia. maybe they're just really good at Air Dragon Style. the important thing is, the Sidereal strikes someone with lightning.

so maybe look at the things Sidereals can do as reasons why they have might this or that power that CAN be replicated rather than try to replicate the powers themselves? I think that will work.