Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
Spoiler
Show
The scared and angry Brunhilde glares at Smorre as he stutters, her features softening a bit and looking less likely to aim at him when he stutters out what he can. Her gun is still trained on the elf's chest, her finger on the trigger ready to squeeze it, but divides her focus between the cat and the elf. She has no way of anticipating the blast, and finds herself on the floor, limp and unarmed, eyes wide and looking up at Smorre.

She's quite angry at the moment, but has no choice but to listen, her gaze turning to one of realization, then determination and agreement. After about a minute, she'll slowly get up, her eyes still on Smorre. "Ok. I'll do as you say if you promise to train me." She announces as soon as she has her voice back, her gaze unwavering.
[the Furry Mob]

Smorre waits for Brun's jaws and tongue to function again, so she can give her answer to his suggestion. Turns out though that he doesn't quite like what he hears. A sigh escapes him. "Brun. Look. I t-told you over and over -and over how I fffeel about you and and mob li-life. And yyou still won't let up. No. No! Ththis this isn't a const-construction s-site whhere you can co-come in and say 'hey let me work, I wanna learn the trade'." For the first time, the cat man seems upset. "Alzim, ho-ho-hhold the phone-one. C-c-can't call the ppolice if B-B-Brun doesn't coop-opp-operate. We'll just throw this e-e-e-elf out." The human clerk nods, puts down the phone again and comes around the counter to help Smorre carry the thug out to a street corner, then call an ambulance. He's been knocked out for over a minute now, it's getting dangerous.