Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
And this is exactly the attitude that allows Bethesda to release garbage and get away with it. Wanting Bethesda to do better is not the same as wanting them to go out of business!
Eh, I think their solvency is not directly correlated with any one person's desires. Honestly, a game developer is only as good as they people they employ, and if they got belly-up, those people will wind up working somewhere else. Emil Pagliarulo isn't going to be unable to find work in the event Bethsoft implodes, he'll wind up making terrible stories for some other game company.

But also, I'm not going to peg the regular developers of Fallout with this mess. This was a terrible decision by leadership, to box and ship a product which was clearly not fit for sale yet, if it would ever be. Without being in the room, I doubt any of us can really know who was advocating for what, and why. Hopefully Zenimax realizes that the value of their good name and brand is more important than a quick injection of cash at the expense of that brand. We'll see.