Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
There's only a few who try and pretend to be rich pre-war ponies, like some Stable ponies try to, but you could make a lot of money selling rare stuff to folks who just value it because it's rare. They spend a lot of time thinking about things they'd want to have, basically. All the really nice businesses cater to ponies who want to do or see things they can't find anywhere else. Some of the younger ones who got lucky just spend their free time slumming it in the markets or the red light district, spend a ****-ton of caps, and then either hang around until their sober enough to get home or they try and find a Guild mage to teleport them back to where they live. Those types never live at ground level, but they're usually never that important. The really important ponies get stuff sent up to them, they don't have to go out. I mean, there's plenty of normal ponies high up in the administration, a lot of them used to be wastelanders, don't get me wrong."

The elevator began to rise up slightly with a slight jerk. There was a slight crackle of noise from some hidden speaker, but nothing else emanated from it. The ride started in near silence, except for the strained noise of ancient mechanical parts moving against one another.
"Interesting...so, like, how do you live? Or people around your paygrade, position, stuff like that? I'm guessing it's not the same kind of life that these ponies have, but it can't just be the richest reaping the benefits, right?" Viridia asked, with a glance over at the speaker. Some music would make it a lot more tolerable. River being nervous is...interesting? Not that she expects anything to suddenly come down through the ceiling, but there were enough Pegasi to support the elevator if it were to fall.

Probably.