Recently I started reading TROS and its successor Song of Swords and playing around with the combat system and I wonder: why should the attacker not use all his dices in the first strike ?
The answer that comes from old threads on the net is generally "because he would be undefended in the next exchange".
But that doesn't make much sense to me, as to steal the initiative the defender needs to parry succesfully, so he needs to use at least equal dices to the attacker, as using less dices on the defense is too much of a risk.

Supposing there are two swordmen with equal stats if the attacker uses all his dices the defender would have to use all of his to parry, then (if he's not unlucky) have a void exchange because nobody has dices, then make a full strike and so on.
The supposed counter to the full strike seems to be the riposte move, but it has a cost of 2 dices, so by using it the defender sets himself to be hitten. In a game where the first strike is decisive.

I'm probably missing something, but as the game is very old and niche finding info is quite hard.
Any expert around here ?