Quote Originally Posted by ScrtAgentSteve View Post
Thank you! I appreciate the extensive look at my little subclass, though if I'm honest, with your plug at the end it ends up sounding like you're saying "This is okay but mine's better!". :D No hard feelings here, however.
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to not make it sound like that. The relevant bit is that I've at least tried to deal with some of the weird stuff that comes from trying to make aberrations and monstrosities usable to a player.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrtAgentSteve View Post
Whilst these creatures do boast some more tricky and specific abilities, the CR is still the same as any other beast a Circle of the Moon druid would be able to turn into, which is why I assumed the balance would be there and aberrations/monstrosities would only offer unique approaches to combat and problem solving (whilst losing the versatility of so many beasts to transform into).
There's a couple bits you should probably flesh out before you can equate beasts with other monster types: beasts (at least the ones from 1st party books) can't cast spells. You should probably specify how you're balancing spells per wild shape. Some aberrations and monstrosities can inflict long-lasting (or permanent) effects on enemies. At the very least you should probably specific how you're handling.