1. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Violence as a Last Resort - A Guide to the Oath of Redemption Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot View Post
    The feedback is very much appreciated, one players point of view doesn't make a very good guide.
    Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot View Post
    My line between purple ratings and black/blue isn't that far. I'll probably adjust the rating, if only to emphasize that it's a very powerful feature that (much like Aura of the Guardian) can shift your priorities.
    Okay. I just want to emphasize that it's not really situational and doesn't put severe limitations on you.

Even if you choose to go full aggro and just play like a pure smite machine, it's an excellent ability just because of its usefulness against alpha strikes and multiple foes... both of which are pretty much the main existential threats at level 20. The value from that alone is enough to make it a great capstone, before you even count any benefits you'd get from shifting your priorities.

And unlike so many Paladin capstones, it's action economy free.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2019-03-11 at 08:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones