Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
You are incorrect. Its entirely possible to get Synthesis without ever touching multiplayer, you just had to make the correct choices and be thorough enough with side quests. Its close, but multiplayer adding to war assets basically existed to make it EASIER to get access to the best endings or as a means to make up the difference for players who (intentionally or not) made some bad choices throughout the trilogy. And I know you can do it because I didn't touch multiplayer until after I finished the main story and I got Synthesis before any DLC was released.
Well done. Do you remember what you had for choices? Because I made pretty decent choices, but I was still a decent way away from Synthesis when I looked it up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
And for the umpteenth time I say, you do have a reason to trust it. Namely, that if it simply wanted you dead and the war won, all it had to do was nothing. With Shepard unconscious at the bottom of an elevator shaft mere moments away from the Crucible being destroyed, the only logical conclusion for it bringing you up there was that winning the war was no longer its goal. That's more than enough to prove to me that attaching the Crucible did something to its programming, and that I have nothing to lose by hearing it out.
Shepard gets up and has a long conversation afterwards, and then goes on to actually activate the Crucible, so it's not like they would've remained unconscious for long. Also not being able to figure out how to work the elevator is bad writing considering the alliance built the bloody thing. This isn't some ancient warmachine they rediscovered. It was built from ancient blueprints, but you know, actually built. If they couldn't figure out how to work the elevators they would've put in a ladder.

The whole Star Child sequence is just plain bad, and really drags down the whole ending. You know what else might've worked better? A video phone call with your allies. They explain how to use the Crucible, and start arguing for you to pick the various options. TIM/Salarians argues for control, and isn't obviously indoctrinated, Anderson and/or, I don't know, Wrex argues for destroy, and if you reached the appropriate level EDI/Geth might argue for Synthesis. They don't know if they are correct, and don't know what the consequence will be. You can even end up locked out of certain routes if you kill TIM and cured the Genophage for example. Or locked out of Synthesis if you don't solve the Geth-Quarian war.

And in the end they agree on a compromise. You decide. They trust you and feel you're the best person to decide how to use the Crucible. The only person even.