Quote Originally Posted by Kardwill View Post
The ideal would be a round table or a circle of comfy seats, where everyone is facing everybody else (or sitting on the ground, like we did when we were playing D&D 35 years ago), but since my gaming room doesn't support this option...
I've been missing this, and would love to get back to it. My current place doesn't quite have the room for it... Also, some players have their information on laptops that are very unwieldy and need a table. (Yes, I'm aware he wastes time on it, I've known him to play Destiny 2 during a session when another player was determinedly distracting me. He plays wizards and clerics, he uses spreadsheets and internet references so I can't very well tell him to write it all down.) My ideal, I think, would be a room with plenty of open space and a circle of comfy chairs and pillows for sitting on the floor, with a low square table in the middle that can easily be manipulated from the floor to hold the map when one is desired. Add to that some kind of very large screen for my variety of references, and this room may just have to be custom designed.