Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
Central Africa, I think.

https://grrlpowercomic.com/archives/...allest-wallet/

"those territories really belong to the Democratic Republic of Congo."
"The DRC didn't exist back when General Indinge took over what is now Galytn and seceded from Zaire."

The indicator for the ship shows someplace in eastern Ethiopia, I think.
Unless I read the Satellite Overhead Graphic wrong: there are two red lines that show the zoomed-out colony ship model. They point to, roughly, the Kivu region in Eastern Kongo/Zaire, which is supposedly a place for Galtyn. Although my headcanon was placing Galtyn near Katanga, but nobody ever said that in-comic, so it seems to be Kivu. [Edit: Looking closer, it could also be Zambia, the point seems to be right west of the Malawi lake. Kivu would be in the center of the red triangle. Or my optics are screwed.]

But what I assume you are looking at is the blue warning marker (!) with the calendar specs. That one is strangely pointing towards Ethiopia/Somalia, yeah. Unfortunate placing, maybe. Or the marker and the red ship zoom-out are unrelated. Or it's really the indication that the Alari haven't landed their colony ship in Galtyn, but on a random point on Earth that they found suitable. In the latter case, the red lines are not indicating Galtyn, at all.