1. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Need some advice on when a caster has to become a fighter [5e]

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzza View Post
    Apologies for a derail, but I've got a player that loves to collect absolutely everything he can get his hands on. This just triggered me. I'm sure he'll go for a vendor selling some "Magic Beans", I reckon 100 gold at least.
    Tell him to check out the Numenera system. Every magic item is a unique, misunderstood object that usually has a one time use, and occasionally has an important use later.

That gravity bomb? That's actually a force stabilizer for a mass-produced portal machine that the party comes across later.

The Eye-on-a-stick that looks at you when you think about it? It's actually supposed to be a quantum detection device used for Robot Assassins, so that they know exactly who's thinking about them, and you happen to know a blind one who might pay a pretty penny for it.

You collect a ton of things to hopefully use for something important in the future, or to save your bacon in the immediate present. It's like playing "Magical Hoarders, the RPG".
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-03-20 at 02:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!