The Avakonian Empire
    Liege of Karys, The Kunai Clans, Sfaire, and Ti Linnad

Emperor Zarikos Kren El Sira
    Diplomacy: 7
    Military: 9
    Economy: 6
    Intrigue: 5
    Faith: 6

Actions for Round 35 (Rolls and more rolls)
    • [Diplomacy] Stabilize New Lijas and Raesija (Roll: 12 - Success!)
    • [Diplomacy] Stabilize Varjik & The Aspen Heights (Roll: 21 - Success!)
    • [Economy] Buy Maiden’s Kiss TP1 in the Inyoni Crescent [Success]
    • [Economy] Buy Maiden’s Kiss TP2 in the Inyoni Crescent [Success]
    • [Economy] Buy Bysthian Horses R63 TP2 in Bysthia from Khirus [Success]
    • [Economy] Buy Labor Guilds R62 TP1 in Ka-Ruun from Regno [Success]
      Permission gained!
    • [Military] Raise a unit

*Action fluff unfortunately canceled due to exam pressures

Non Actions:
    Allow passage for troops from Karys, Kunai Clans, Yondar, Rhune, Izbefe
    Passive +1 against secret actions

Spoiler: Letter to Yondar
    Show

Yven Chalun va Meera,
    I will preface this with a warning of my own. You should be careful who you accuse of what. You are within your rights to request an explanation for why things are as they are, but you are far out of line when you accuse your emperor of weakness and corruption. Do not make this mistake again.

For generations upon generations, Avakonia, and its predecessor Varjik, have proven to be the most formidable rivals in any realm to Khirus and its insidious corruption. Need I remind your people that millions of Whitefeather peoples that were unjustly treated now live freely and fairly across all of Avakonia? The truce that the empire has with the monsters was after we won a war to protect the safety of those very people. We have taken countless regions back from vampiric clutches, and never have we done this for the selfish conquest that other rulers strive for. Believe me, there would have been easier pickings.

But after my mother rekindled the Avakonian Empire and I took to the throne as the first emperor, there was a lesson she taught me. I will now teach it to you.

We are not enemies with the merchants of Khirus. Those we allow in our city are people. Humans and inyoni and dwarves, all who come from Khirus, but none of whom made the choice to be persecuted as they are. They did not decide that it was a good year to lose their harvests to rampaging picians and undead. Nor did they decide in the end to stay in Khirus. They came to Avakonia seeking some way to achieve better goods, a better life, and they are willing to pay for them fairly. We are enemies with their leaders, who are corrupt beyond measure. Who whisper from the shadows. Who gain power through the suffering of others. Do not confuse your enemies with those who are forced to serve them.

If you wish to embargo Khirus, then you are free to take such a decision upon yourself. By all means, purchase back all the routes that have come to enter my lands - There is nothing stopping you. Quite the opposite, I have coerced Khirus into returning them willingly so that we need not shed blood.

But with rebellions on my doorstep and wishing to oblige your request for peace, I will not squander my resources chasing innocent people out of the empire.

Signed Emperor Zarikos Kren El Sira of Avakonia, liege of the Kunai Clans, Karys, Sfaire, Ti Linnad, Yondar, and Rhune.

Spoiler: News and Rumors (in progress)
    Show

Spoiler: The Emperor and his Siblings discuss current matters...
    Show

Within a prosperous meeting hall on the shores of New Lijas, the three Avakonian royals talk of current events. Cattius stands before Zarikos, pacing around a table while his sister Amerah reads a tome on the side.

"This is ridiculous! How could you let our subject attack my wife's kingdom? I've been living in the Stormcrown Dominion, you know, and Spirits know that they've had it rough enough already with the Brinefather, Long Winter, and Dafi. Just when we're on the brink of true recovery you think that attacking--"

"Lower your voice, brother. I understand you are frustrated. But Karys may serve to unite ourselves with them properly, before they reach out to other fronts. They could be our foothold in Regner if this goes well..."

"Or the reason that the sultanate deems us too volatile to be worked with."

"There are agreements to keep our armies east of the Dvatlan core with the sultanate. No armies will be heading any further west than Astrand."

"Agreements made with Dvatla. We are Avakonia. The deal no longer holds."

"Are you suggesting we march into Regner?"

"No. But Karys might. Are you afraid to give commands to your subjects?"

"Karys technically never swore fealty in the way that the others have."

"God damn it... Don't you think that still counts? We need Karys not marching west to fight Khirus. The treaty ends next to tomorrow."

"Khirus is not foolish enough to try an attack in their current state. We need to work on internal stability before we can push external missions; I will not repeat the errors of the old empire."

"I.. You... Please, sister, you loathe war. Tell him that he is wrong to let this pass. Dafika gave it to the Dominion an ally, and now you wish to lose it to a new enemy."

"I do not think that it is our place to get involved as long as the disputes stay on the border. There would be rebellions there anyways unless we found a more legitimate way to prove their claim of either kingdom. This should be enough to satisfy even the Telir Giza priests. It might not be pretty, but... It is the way things should be."

"You both know that mother would have my side in this if she were--"

"Cattius! That is enough. I am emperor, and I have decided that being patient will be the most advantageous to us. Go and encourage your wife's people to stand down if they wish to keep a good standing with the empire."

"Must I pick between being a poor brother and a poor husband?"

"It is the harder choices that determine the kind of person we are."

Cattius opens his mouth to speak, closes it, and closes the door none too gently behind him as he leaves.

Spoiler: Court of Thorns Members
    Show
    [*] Lord Pyras of New Lijas
    [*] Darria, Guardian of the Burning Throne and Wielder of the Talon (an orcish kalorés from Ka-Ruun)
    [*] Commander Siegbert of the First Sedellan Knights
    [*] Lady Sevna of Altessa
    [*] Mila the Broken

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Military Units: 11 (First Sedellan Knights, Riders of Bysthia, The Silent Guard, Knights of Pryas, Whitefeather's Army x4, Dvatlan Army x3)
    Mercenaries: 0

Regions Owned: [Llët̨sällë 10], [Reflas - Region 11],[D̨vatla - Region 12], [Varjik - Region 58], [New Lijas - Region 52], [Aspen Heights - Region 59], [Altessa - Region 61], [Bysthia - Region 63], [Raesija - Region 64], [Waterglen - Region 66], [??? - Region 67]
    Holy Orders: Holy order of Dejanism in Aspen Heights [Burning Throne - Holds the Spellfather's Talon] and Varjik [Hall of Purity - Holds the Spellfather's Panoply]
    Total Regions: 11
    Unit Cap: 22 (5 Capital + 10 Regions + 1 Tech + 6 Vassals)

Cultural Identities:
    [Legacy of the Preserver] Increase die size from 2d6 to 2d8 when making stabilization rolls. (Permanent)

Military Specialization:
    [The Eleventh Hour] Increase dice pool from 2d10 to 2d12 when fighting in a capital region.

Holy Artifacts:
    Scepter of Kings (+1 to stabilization)
    Bloodstone Diadem (Impossible to steal, fused to Amerah Kren, +4 to leader loss rolls, grants spell siphoner powers, +1 to battles, extra +1 to battles if the enemy uses magical tech)
    Spellfather’s Fang (+1 to two Investigations per round OR +2 to Resist Raids) A sharp ended ivory staff set with a blood-red orb at the root, the Fang appears to pierce through lies and deceptions as easily as it once pierced flesh.
    Spellfather’s Talon (+4 in battle against magic - Protected by Holy Order) Short-handled, with a cruelly hooked blade, he sword seems to drink magic, some even say color itself, from the air to be refracted through its shimmering rainbow blade.
    Spellfather’s Panoply (+1 on two Stabilizations/round OR +2 to Resist Investigations; acts as Fortification GP wherever it is held - Protected by Holy Order) The remains of the Spellfather’s armor, suffused with her magic. Massive, heavy, and powerful, the Panoply seems nearly to remember it’s purpose, late though it may be, and so they are easy to make into a strong redoubt, nearly impenetrable by means magical or otherwise, in whatever location the owner desires.

Military Technologies:
    Sedellan Armor Coating [Sedellan Glass] +2 VS magical tech.
    Sacrificial Supply Lines [Crops] -1 Size Loss Roll
    Obsidian Fire [Obsidian Glass] +1 to Defending
    Diresnags [Labor] +1 size loss roll (unpreventable) && [Secondary] +1 distance loss roll (unpreventable) (both for enemy)
    Camel Cavalry [Camels or Horses] +1 to Battles
    Mass Conscription [Food] - After 4 units are spent raising troops, each subsequent action raises an additional troop. && Secondary [Food x2, Labor, Preservatives] Triggers after 3 actions are spent
    Refined Pican Weaponry [Iron OR Bronze] +1 to Battles
    Bani Bowls [Bani/Bani, Cloth, Alcohol, and Wood] Reduces combat losses by 1 if 2 or more Combat losses occur/Reduces losses by 1 if 2 or more losses occur (Tiers do not Stack)
    Prayer Seals [Enku and Writing Materials/2 Magic Writing Materials & 2 misc. Writing Materials] +2 to Leader Loss Rolls/+1 to battles that have a leader
    Standardized Fortifications [Stone / 3 Stone] Fortifications GP takes 3 actions instead of 5/+1 defense roll
    Dwarven Forts [Stone / Stone, 2 Food, Preservative] +1 to defending / +1 to fortified regions & -1 size losses roll
    Hard Iron Armor [Iron] +1 to Battles
    Pyroclastic Engines [2 Dragon HCs or 1 and a Fuel Resource] +2 to attacking
    Wave Bombing [Flying mil tech, Dragon Eyes / Dragon Eyes, Fuel, Stone] +2 to attack roll, lose Dragon Eye TP/+1 enemy casualty roll, no TP loss
    Inyoni Skyfarers [Incense] +1 to battle rolls
    Imperial Uniform [Sedellan Glass Armor, Textiles / Dye, Different Dye] -1 size loss roll, -1 to casualty roll vs. enemies with overtly magical techs / Reduces size/coalition losses by 1 if two or more size/coalition losses occur, +1 to battle rolls vs. enemies with overtly magical techs.
    Impaler Palisades
    Rapid Fort Building
    White Sails Phalanx
    Centralized Logistics
    Arunca's Offensive
    Headhunting
    Prayer Seals
    Coin Armor
    Living Wall
    Magi Scrolls
    Wingknights

Spoiler: Mil tech color to slots
    Show

Close Combat Weaponry
    Cavalry
    Logistics
    Armor & Wards
    Fortifications, Sappers, and Siege
    Drugs, Medicine, and Blessings
    Stealth, Sabotage, and Traps
    Warbeasts and Live Weaponry

[GP effect: Ability to spread the gift of the Siphoner among the Court of Thorns]
    [Miracle Effect: Grant Dejanic Followers +2 against magical techs if the Emperor's Oath is sworn]

Generals:
    Mila (4+2d4)
    Anivine (M10)

Economics Technologies:
    Violet Oath [Violet Oak] +1 Against Secret Actions
    Salt Wagons [Preservatives] +1 Unit Cap
    Surplus Production [3 Resources of the same type] Use E5s to increase resource from great to grand
    Fish Glue [Fish or Hooved Animals] +1 to 1 econ action per round
    Magical Indicators [Faranna] +1 to Investigations involving magic
    Expanded Holds [Ships or Wood] +1 to Buyouts AND [Ships, Preservatives, Food, Precious Metals] -1 to Distance Rolls
    Diplomatic Expedition [Precious Metals and Ships Tech] Allows overseas colonization
    Standardized Currency [Precious Metals] Endorse Buyouts in your own regions
    Decentralized Authority [Writing Materials] +1 to new ruler stat
    Full Course Discourse [Alcohol] +1 to stabilization AND [Crops, Meat, Spices] +1 to any DIP action
    Grits [Full Course Discourse, Corn, Salt] +2 to rep increase actions
    Alchemical Artisans [Coal] +1 to a Buyout OR +2 to defend against a buyout 1/round
    Resin Casting [Amber or Sap // Amber or Sap X 3] +1 to one CI affected roll // +1 to all CI rolls
    Privacy Tapestries [Cloth//Cloth, Magical Powder, Gemstone, Himitsu Tech] +1 to Reputation Increase rolls// +1 to Secret Action rolls
    Warded Locks [Hard Metal] +2 to resist item/tech thefts
    Coatlan Numerals [Writing Material//3 Writing Material] +1 to 1 economy action per round (does not stack) // +1 to 1 economy or faith action per round
    Meteorological Navigation [Air Ears] +1 to Exploration rolls

Intrigue Technologies:
    Back-line Sabotage [Saphroxin] Very... Very complex. Allows you to kill units with intrigue actions.
    Spymasters [Precious Metals, established intelligence branch] Allows the use of I5s to recruit spymasters
    Himitsu

Capital: Aspen Heights
    Secrets Whispered: 3
    Resources controlled: Allspice (R39, TP2), Pearls (R74, TP2), Violet Ash (R53, TP1), Textiles (R59, TP2), Sedellan Glass (R58 TP2 & TP4), Verdant Wine (R52, TP1), Obsidian Glass (R40, TP3), Bani (R8, TP3)
    Embassies: Sfaire, Lacia, Karys, Dvatla, Kunai
    CC Bases: [R58 - Varjik]
    OMC Bases: [R53 - Derokar]

Reputations:
    Crescent Company - 7
    Eternal Lamp - 5
    Feast of Rieba - 4
    Omanush Convoys - 4

Last edited by Zayuz; 2019-04-13 at 12:57 PM.
    "What is to give light must endure burning."