1. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Fluff Discussion XV: You Must Be THIS Tall To Witness The Grimdark

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    From Lexicanum...But also I read it a long time ago, which Lexicanum cites as being Index Astartes II, which fits, 'cause I'm looking at that book on my bookshelf right now.

Curze never even had to make planetfall.
    It's like that time in the Damocles Gulf, when Battlefleet Ultima was coming 'cause Aun'Va goof'd hard. Worlds didn't need to be retaken from the T'au, because the Human Worlds already knew **** was going down and they killed or booted their Ethreals on the spot. No heresy here. Please ignore the dead blue body under the rug.
    True but interestingly enough the Lexicanum also says

This approach made the Night Lords well-suited for dealing with worlds brought into the Imperium during the Crusade who were subsequently lax in achieving full compliance, or who even threatened to rebel. They were heavily utilized as a force that solidifed the Imperium's grip after initial pacification was achieved;

Indicating the Night Lords weren't actually doing the heavy lifting of the pacification merely turning up to torture a few thousands of people to drive the message home. What message is debatable

Dorn isn't The Emperor. Cruze himself even says so, to Dorn. Hence Curze telling Dorn to punish him, or Curze is walking. You want to play Dad? Then play Dad. Don't just talk. If you think I've violated The Emperor's orders, then ****ing do something.
    Curze doesn't give a **** what his brothers think. That's like...His whole character.
    Yeah that doesn't indicate Dorn is wrong just that Curze is a headcase and self-destructive

From Wraith
    I feel that you'e being a little bit harsh - Nostromo was the first, and last, of the Night Lords' compliances to rebel, and it was dealt with in record time. Even Horus couldn't match that feat - he had a whole system rebel and he needed a prolonged war to take it back.

None of the Primarch's methods were perfect, but by comparison and with continued loyalty as the metric, the Night Haunter's was one of, if not the, best
    Nostromo was dealt with in record time because Curze blew it up. Anybody can deal with rebellion fast if all they do is say 'nuke the place'.
    And again I'm not seeing any citation Cure's method was the best. He's practically alone of all the Primarch's to have his own home world rebel against him. Only the Lion had that and they had to be lead into it by the Marines he left behind. Hardly a glowing recommendation for Curze's methods
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2019-04-02 at 07:12 AM.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem